It is getting warm and that means I can no longer use the cold as an excuse for my comfy style. Luckily, I have a little sister who will always tell me if I look ugly so I think I should be good for the summer. That said I think it’s always important to have a few basics you can wear in different ways. I have a pretty basic style and summer is a great time to change that up, so I’m hoping to buy a few more fun and colourful pieces of clothing in the next few weeks.
That being said, the following are 5 basics I love and you will likely see me wearing all summer.
1. Overalls. I am so happy this trend was not temporary as I love wearing overalls. To me, they are fun and just more unique than shorts. I like to just wear them with a plain t-shirt but I also like to wear overalls with just a bralette to show off a bit of skin. I love them so much even wore them on Canada day last year!
2. Maxi dresses. I love maxi dresses because they automatically make you look put together. They are so comfy and they are so great to wear out at night because of the length. I have a few basic ones in my closet currently, but I love that lots of stores seem to really have a range of both casual ones and some that are a little more dressy. If you dress it up properly I think a maxi dress can be the perfect outfit for an evening with friends or a date.
3. T-shirt dresses. This is another trend I don’t think is going to disappear anytime soon because again they are comfy but you look like you put some effort in. T-shirts dresses are also perfect if you’re going to the beach or a pool party because they are easy to put back on over a bathing suit. Just, in general, I am really not a shorts kind of girl, I much prefer to wear dresses when its warm out. I love wearing loose ones especially when it gets really hot and I don’t want to be wearing something tight to my skin.
4. These super comfy black pants I bought.
I really like these pants because paired with the right top they can look professional. They are super comfy and for me will be perfect to wear to work. I’ve seen a lot of people wearing striped pants in this style and I love that, but these pants are nice because they are a really dark black which I like. And did I mention they are super comfy?
5. Zip-up sweaters. Where I am it’s not always super warm in the evening so in the summer I love wearing zip-up sweaters. I like them because I think they look nice unzipped with a cute shirt underneath. I definitely think a zip-up sweater in the summer is a better look than a hoodie. I’ve seen in stores a lot of light coloured sweaters which I really like for the summer. I currently a light pink one that makes me feel all girly which I love.
So my style for the summer will definitely still be pretty comfortable, but if I’m cute while comfortable that’s not the end of the world right?